Service Posting Rules
Helpaid does not allow posting of services that are considered illegal as per Ontario law and/or are not permitted as per below Service posting rules. Any user found violating these rules will be subjected to actions mentioned below.
note: service / ad are used interchangeably in this document.
1. Multiple (duplicate/repeat) service posting.
Users are not allowed to post more than 1 (one) similar active services. Similar active services are defined as ads selling or looking for same product or service, even if these services contain different text or images and/or is posted from same or different account by a user.
Each user is only allowed to post service similar to his/her previous service if the previous one has been marked as sold, has been deleted or has already expired.
2. Misleading and fraudulent services or ads.
Some of the service or ad (but not limited) which fall under this are:
- Services title, price and content must be related. For e.g. posting service with title ‘Web Development’ with irrelevant price $1 is not allowed.
- Services posted with marketing gimmick words with sole purpose of grabbing other user attention. For e.g. posting service "Best opportunity of your life", "Click this to earn money", "Call me soon", "Don't miss out" etc.
- Services with Inaccurate/wrong prices. You need to clearly mention the price in your service. For e.g. posting service with price $100 but when later contacted you are asking another price.
- Services selling fake things representing them as original.
- Services with sole purpose of leading user to another website or generate downloads without actual sale of product or service.
- Services which have Images unrelated with the service content. Posting graphic (violent or adult oriented) images are not allowed.
3. Mis-categorized (wrong category) ads.
Services must be posted in the correct category. For e.g. posting a Legal service in Automobile category or Pet Walking Service in Computer category is considered as mis-categorized service. If you are unsure which category your ads belongs to, kindly search for existing ads to know where other users have posted similar service. If your service falls under more than one category, select the best and post your service only in that category. If you need further help in finding your category or you want to add a new category please contact us ([email protected])
4. Posting illegal or morally obscene ads.
Helpaid does not allow ads which are illegal as per Ontario law or are considered morally obscene in context to Canadian society. Some of the ads (but not limited to) which fall under are:
- Services for Prostitution, obscene items or any form of adult entertainment ads like escort, indecent massages, pornography, sexual items, etc.
- Services which hurt the sentiments of any person, group or religion.
- Services selling illegal items like weapons, drugs, human organs, endangered animals, prohibited antiques, black marketing, etc.
- Services which infringes other third parties intellectual property, moral right and privacy.
5. Pyramid, referral marketing and other duping nature service or ads.
Any service or ad (even genuine) which promote scheme which are of pyramid in nature and operate on basis of referrals, such service or ad usually ask other user to join a program either to earn money or gift with end purpose of duping the user.
Consequences on Violation of Service Posting Rules
1. Warning from site admin about the violation.
2. Deletion of service ads with/without prior notice.
3. You may be asked to provide identification documents.
4. Temporary or Permanent blocking of account/access to the site.