Due to the nature of our business, some functions and services offered through our site requires user to provide certain personal information such as name, email address, contact address, phone numbers etc. to get access to and interact with us. This policy details about how your personal information is used.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse your personal information.
- We do not run ads, other than the classified ones posted by our users.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing.
- We do provide email proxy & relay services to reduce unwanted email.
2. Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- Data you post on or information you provide us (e.g. name, address, email, phone, fax, photos, tax ID) directly or via other sites.
- Credit card details, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- Web log data (e.g. web pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- Data collected via cookies (e.g. search data and "favorites" lists).
- Data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- Data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, geo-location via IP address).
3. Data we store:
- We retain data only for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but can make no guarantees.
- You may access and update/remove certain data about you via your account login.
4. Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- To vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf.
- To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of Helpaid or the general public.
- With your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- In connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets.
- In aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
International Users - By accessing our site or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect as described here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in Canada. For further information please contact us.